Kids will come and learn about the outdoors. The topics that will be covered this year will be:
- Bird Migration: Learn about the resource needs of migrating birds, as well as the challenges they face, while acting out the role of birds in this activity.
- Benthos Sampling: Exploration of life in the benthos, the bottom of a water body, will reveal a community of rarely seen organisms from different levels of the food web. We will learn how to determine the environmental health of a water body through the identification of animals present.
- Insect Netting: Use aerial nets to catch live insects. We will put them in jars for a close-up look, and then release them to fly once again.
- Tree Huggers: Use sticks, leaves, clay, yarn and imagination to create Tree Huggers. Create a fantasy story about your Tree Hugger’s adventures in your story journal.
- Snakes of Southeast Texas